Suicide is the 4th cause of adolescent deaths in the US.
Some of the warning signs are:
- Talking about wanting to die.
- Feeling hopeless or having no reason to live.
- Feeling trapped or in unbearable pain.
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs.
- Acting anxious or agitated.
- Sleeping too little or too much.
- Eating too much or too little.
- Withdrawn or feeling isolated.
- Displaying extreme mood swings.
- Preoccupation with death.
- Loss of interest in things one cares about.
- Visiting or calling people to say goodbye.
- Making arrangements; setting one's affairs in order.
- Giving things away, such as prized possessions.
If you or someone you love has these symptoms/ signs, reach out for help: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org or call 800-273-8255