Thursday, April 14, 2016

L = Livingston

I remember when everyone was talking about Jonathan Livingston Seagull... did you read it? you have to read it? Isn't it wonderful? so profound, don't you think? It's a must read... all the hippies said so then the talk show hosts and then our parents and teachers.

The pressure to read this pop culture book was horrendous. So my answer was yes but the truth was no. Oh sure, I started it. The book about the bird that flies, but I didn't finish it.

I noticed the cover and thought to myself, "Recycling that one again are they?" Then I looked a little closer and noticed that the expanded title was "The Complete Edition." Ha! Come to find out I wasn't the only one who didn't finish the must-read Jonathan Livingston Seagull, apparently Richard Bach didn't finish writing it until 2014. Now that the story is finished, I may go with the updraft and read the once started story of a gull that flies.



1 comment:

Tony Laplume said...

I know the edition I know is pretty slim, so I guess it's not surprising that there is now a longer one...