Tuesday, April 12, 2016

J = Journal

jour·nal
1 a newspaper or magazine that deals with a particular subject or professional activity. 
Medical Journals 
2 a daily record of news and events of a personal nature; a diary 
He keeps a journal.

So many kinds of journals to keep, how do I decide if I'm even a journal person anymore? I kept a journal when I was a kid. My privacy was invaded by people who read my diary, so I stopped the practice.

I started thinking that maybe now is the time to begin again. So many things are happening in my life that I have list upon list and various organization systems to help me stay on track through this fast paced change everything in my life period I'm in at the moment.  The thought occurred to me that some of my doubt might be alleviated if I wrote about it. Having time to write would be another bridge to cross but what kind of journal would be good for me right now?  

Emotional journal, event journal, daily log, record book, gratitude journal, I just can't decide... 

Do you journal? How do you journal? Do you recommend journaling? What do you get out of keeping a journal? Do you hide your journal or lock it up? 


No comments: