Sunday, December 22, 2013

23 Years

Good Morning. Happy Anniversary, he said, kissing her gently on the cheek.

What? It's morning? she answered, not really awake.

23 years today, he smiled.

What? That's impossible! she declared.

Why? he asked.

That would mean we're old. Why did you wake me up to tell me I'm old or am I dead? She threw the covers up over her head with a humph.

Yes, you're dead, he laughed.

That's what I thought. 23 years is impossible! And she went happily back to sleep.




2 comments:

Tony Laplume said...

Perhaps you age backwards like Benjamin Button and no one has told you yet, and so you're really an older person getting younger and not a younger person getting old and just haven't realized it yet?

Joanne said...

funny and too true. The years can roll by. Happy Anniversary. 23 years is awesome - I wish you many more