Monday, December 31, 2012

My Half Century Birthday

If you're a regular reader of When Kate Blogs, you know that this isn't much of a personal blog as it is a location for writing samples and tidbits of information that I think are interesting enough to share.

This December has been a bit different in that while traditions and history have been mentioned, I've included more about my personal life than usual, and I've wondered why?

I just celebrated fiftieth birthday this month. As a child, a 50th birthday didn't occur to me. As a teen, my lifestyle and bad choices did give very good odds on making 25, forget 50. But things profoundly changed for me in 1984.

The more days that pass, the more amazed I am that I'm still here. All things considered, I am beating some serious odds. But then aren't we all.

I'm grateful that you have taken some time to read When Kate Blogs. I do so appreciate the clicks and comments. Some comments have become conversations which have turned into long-distance friendships via the internet. I consider myself blessed.

If you like what you read here, and you'd like to connect, here's how:

https://www.facebook.com/kathleenomara

https://www.facebook.com/kathleenomarawrites

https://twitter.com/SolidHappiness

I'm looking forward to it. ;)

May you have an excellent 2013!



2 comments:

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday! Fifty gives one pause and perspective. It sounds "old", and yet in this day and age..pppffft... it's nothing. Enjoy your half century mark and I look forward to your 2013 blog posts. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I could not rеsіѕt commеnting.
Vеry well written!

Heге is my web sіte :: addison seo company