Saturday, April 2, 2016

B = Beggars

Not far from the freeway on ramp I use nearly every day, there is a homeless encampment. It's not unusual to see homeless people begging at the corners and on the median.

I had an extra bottle of water and a peanut butter bar. I know the quality is good, it's what I had for lunch. A man approached my car. Rarely do I have extra but  today, I did, so I rolled down my window to give him the water and the bar.

As my arm extended out the window, he looked at what I held and snapped,"I don't want that!"

Pulling the bottle and packaged bar back in the car I thought about lessons I had learned as a child, BEGGARS CAN'T BE CHOOSEY but apparently, he hadn't heard the saying.

So I looked at the gift rejected, opened the bottle of cool fresh water and drank it on the way home.


Reasons to eat protein bars:

And they're yummy! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate--We're A to Z Challenge linky tool neighbors, so I just stopped by for a visit. How frustrating that your generous offer wasn't accepted. I guess those important childhood lessons aren't always learned. Sadly, they probably aren't even taught often enough. Oh well. Best of luck with the challenge. Looking forward to following you through the journey! Miss Harper Lee (aka thek9harperlee)