Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Moving On...



Big Changes in life are just that… big. It may involve a shift in attitude or a shift in location, but change is inevitable. With change comes a shift of people, places, and things. If we shift our thoughts about certain aspects of life, or change the way we decide to deal with situations we find acceptance easier to find.
Today, with the approach of another cross-country move, I feel a bit melancholy about the place I leave. It’s been a place to be. It has served its purpose. Lingering to honor others’ wishes has only delayed the departure date.

Following the advice of experts to leave, that all will fall into place has been a step of faith; faith to believe experts; faith that all will fall into place. As much as I’d like to say, I do this without a blink, the truth is I’m hyperventilating inside. Trust is difficult anyway. Trusting a real estate agent that we should just move is tremendously difficult. And the “what-if” monster wants to scream in my ear that we’re taking a different path.

But I do believe my realtor that she knows the market, her job, and I am moving forward in my life. To move forward we must leave the past behind.

In the meantime, I know a great family-size house for sale, CHEAP…

No comments: