Saturday, May 24, 2008

Smooth Heels

There are few things as pleasing as producing something that is useful, good for you, and environmentally friendly.

Some of the best home-made cosmetics recipes come from Rosemary Gladstar and Jeanne Rose. Both women are long standing matriarchs of the herbal movement. Both women share their wisdom with the next generations of herbalist.


Although I can’t recall exactly where I got this recipe, it has proven useful, good for me and environmentally friendly. So I decided to share it.

With summer comes sandals and with sandals comes dry heels.

Heel Softener
1 tablespoon cocoa butter
1 tablespoon marshmallow root powder
1 teaspoon beeswax
1 teaspoon avocado oil

Place all ingredients in a glass or ceramic pot. Warm until all ingredients are melted together. Stir. Remove from heat. Pour into a jar. Cool.

Use with a pumice stone for best results.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Great info Kate! I'm going to try this one out!
Tanya